Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wasp attack





So we have had a problem with Wasps this year really bad. The kids have been bitten at least 6 times between the two of them but we never could find the nest so they all got bites out by the garden so I went to search of the mystery nest.I watched the wasps fly around the flowers and then go under the rail road tie that lines the garden so I start to spray the log and suddenly at least 20 wasps attack. With all the kids in the back ward as well watching me. So I scrambled to get them inside and in the process got bitten by the same wasp stuck on my shirt twice. So my neighbor says he will come help me flip the rail road tie to get to the nest better. So I with hose in hand and my brave neighbor flipped the tie over to reveal this. Which is now soaked with RAID. THANK YOU ALEX.

1 comment:

DTanner said...

Hi There! We had a bad case of them this year as well. They were making nests everywhere! We had one shrub that had hundreds living in it. Glad it is getting colder now so they are not here.