Friday, July 2, 2010

I needed a break from the kids playing out side in the heat. The constant applying of sunscreen, feeling like a water Nazi, sweeping up the grass tracked in from outside when they play in the water.....Soooo I got ambitious and made play dough for the kids which is a treat cause I HATE play dough. But I figured oh well if they ruin it cause I cooked it for pennies.

Recipe for cooked Play dough.
1 C. flour
1 C. water
1 tbsp. oil
1/2 C. salt
2 tsp. cream of tartar

Stir and cook until consistency of wet mashed potatoes. Take off the heat and knead by hand until it looks like play dough . Keeps for approximately 2 months. Store in refrigerator. **** I noticed it need to be heated until it is nearly impossible to stir by hand. or it will be to sticky to knead.****

Brooke, Brady, Aaron & Allie.



No comments: