Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hey Mom Look What I Found.

So my kids and their friends were playing at the church by our house and found an injured bird stuck on a butterfly net I don't know if someone did it and left him there but he was hurt pretty badly. So what do my kids do bring him home and beg and plead for me to help it.



So I made a boxed nest and gave it water from a dropper. We found it worms but he wouldn't eat them. He just kept tucking his head in his wings & closed his eyes. So we left him in peace to sleep because he was not doing well. And a few hours later I went to check on him and needless to he didn't make it.



Ok so what other mammals can we find to care for. A few hours later Brady and Spencer had found a garden snake. And asked me to make a cage for him so he wouldn't get away that they were going to take turns with it at their houses.

I DON'T THINK SO.

Nice try boys. I made them let it go I didn't want two mammals to die on my watch today.





What's next IT'S SUMMER LET THE TROUBLE BEGIN.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Poor little bird. It was good of you the try anyway.

I love gardener snakes...they are cute. Nate freaks when he see them though...so if he sees one...it is dead.

KyleandGina said...

Silly Kate. Snakes aren't Mammals. Good idea on not taking care of it.

Stephanie said...

AW! That face is enough to break your heart! Seriously though, who would try to catch a bird in a butterfly net? That's just MEAN! Cute post, hope you're doing well!